If you can remember having soggy money in your sock because your basketball shorts didn't have pockets in them I have a nostalgic post for you. The other day a old friend of mine was grabbing something out of his trunk, when I noticed he had basketball shoes, shorts, and a ball. I asked him when was the last time he played basketball, he replied a few months. So then I asked him why he had basketball gear in his trunk, he replied just in case. That made us start thinking about all the weird stuff we did or remembered from growing up playing basketball. So here is the list....
- March Maddness is on the same level as any holiday probably a little higher.
- Your jersey number is your lucky number and will always be.
- You once had a unreasonably mean coach that always made your team run suicides.
- You know what suicides are (and there as tough as they sound).
- You had one teammate that could never make his time in sprints and the coach made the whole team run more.
- That same teammate would magically somehow make his time after we've ran an extra 7 times (just make the first one).
- You were ready to fight your teammate for not touching a line in sprints and making the whole team run again.
- You know the feeling of pure joy jogging back down court after making a big shot.
- That one time the gym let the rims down you and your friends practiced dunking on each other all day long.
- Some of your fingers are crooked from being jammed so much.
- Your toes are ugly from all the sudden stopping and your toes slamming into the front of your shoes.
- You felt extra special one day because the other team played a box and one on you.
- The joy you felt when you got to practice and coach canceled it so y'all could do team building games.
- Your old friends still make fun of you for missing that free throw to loose the game.
- You had sweaty money in your sock after hooping because your basketball shorts didn't have pockets.
- You had one teammate that played extra dirty and rough and you were glad he was on your team.
- You keep a basketball, shorts, and shoes in your car trunk just in case.
- You thought that one referee either hated you or was truly blind because of his obvious bad calls.
- Your mom came to every game your whole life and still doesn't know the rules or whats happening in the game.
- You became friends with the kid with a hoop in his backyard so you could have access to his hoop.
- When you went to the mall with your teammates in another city everyone kept asking what team you were because y'all went wearing your warmups.
- You will always be remembered as the basketball player even if you dont play any more.
I hope you enjoyed this list, it could be longer but 22 is my favorite number so its only right to stop here. Thanks for reading and as always if you found this article interesting or helpful please share it on your favorite social media site.
Great training for scoring more buckets bit.ly/scoring-academy
What I Learned From Getting Cut From The Team... The Second Time bit.ly/learn-from-getting-cut
(Book Recommendations)The Big O: My Life, My Times, My Game by Oscar Robertson bit.ly/big-o-book He had and extraordinary game and life, he also overcame great difficulty great read. Or you can listen to them if you don't like to read bit.ly/no-reading
QUESTION — Have a question about Basketball? Post a comment on one of our social media pages !
DISCLAIMER: This blog contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission at NO extra cost to you. This helps support BYL and allows us to continue to make content like this. Thank you for the support!